Join us for a forensic experience with a creative twist:
- hands on exploration of items to distinguish ‘organic’ from ‘non-organic’ materials
- tools of the trade – forensic methods for decomposition investigations
- What’s really going on in worm farms? – exploration of living systems, anatomy, physiology, life cycles and amazing eating habits/dietary likes and dislikes of worms and other worm farm inhabitants, including microbes
- understanding natural cycles: what’s happening where, who’s reaping the benefits?
- forensic tagging: an investigative activity to create a decomposition showcase
- storytelling, and crafting and creating artworks – creative expression through words, collage and colour, with a focus on imagination and fun
This workshop is ideal for children aged 8-12.
Bookings are essential. Each child must be registered to attend. Parents & guardians are asked to stay for the duration of the event but don’t need to book themselves.