After spending his early childhood in Queensland, his family moved to Kalgoorlie. He gained his Junior Certificate in 1924 at the local High School, and in 1925 he obtained a position with the Crown Law Department, moving later to Leonora.
Apart from a spell with the Mines Department and joining the Army during the war, Frank spent his entire working life with the Crown Law Department. He was appointed Clerk of Courts at the Busselton Court House in mid 1946 and remained in that position until 1972. He describes the condition of the Court House building and its surroundings when he took up the position. A number of Government Departments (including the Crown Law Public Office, Magistrate’s office, Police Station, Public Works Water Supply; Sewerage and Drainage) had their offices and rooms at the Court House which was built in 1900. He describes his many responsibilities as Clerk of Courts (he acted as Clerk of Petty Sessions, Clerk of the Local Court, Clerk of the Licensing Court, Returning Officer and District Registrar) and names the magistrates and police with whom he worked over the 26 years.
He was also the State Electoral Officer for Vasse.
In 1973 Frank was transferred to Kalgoorlie, but was required to retire at the end of that year when he turned 65. He returned to Busselton and, in retirement, acted as a Justice of the Peace and Marriage Celebrant.
Both he and his wife were active in the community. Frank became a Life Member of both the Art Society and Repertory Society and was President of the Festival of Busselton committee for two years.