The City of Busselton Libraries are sincerely grateful for all items that are donated.
The generosity of our community members is well known, and much appreciated by those who have access to a wider variety of items because of that generosity.
- Donated items become the property of The City of Busselton Libraries. We reserve the right to accept, reject, sell or otherwise dispose of donated materials.
- We apply the same objective selection criteria to donated items as we do to those we buy.
- We are unable to inform donors of the usage patterns of items added to the collection.
- We are unable to record details of the donor on the item.
- Ex rental or pirated DVDs
- VHS (videos) or cassettes
- Readers Digest condensed books
- Mass market (pocket) paperbacks
- Items printed on poor quality paper
- Items affected by sun, damp, staining, mildew or insect infestation
- Textbooks, technical & scientific books – more than 5 years old
- Items with pages marked or highlighted (except author signed books)
Please ensure that donated items are placed in small boxes or bags that can be easily lifted.
Please do not leave donations outside the Libraries or place in the returns chute.
Please see staff if you have items that may be suitable for inclusion in our Local Studies Collection.